Miratech is proud to sponsor the Académie Lafontaine’s Robotic team, the Gladiateurs 6869.
For the 3rd consecutive year, our company is proud to partner with a team of young students in high school. The whole team as to imagine, build and program a robot in 45 days that will do different manoeuvers in a competition.
Here’ there story : The Gladiateurs 6869 is a robotic team made of high school students from 1 to 5, from the region of St-Jerome. In 2018-2019, the team has begun its second year of existence. Students learn different aspects of technology, both programming and engineering. With their coaches and mentors, they are taught in using different types of tools and machines. This captivating competition allows the students to develop a passion and face numerous challenges.
Their achievements :
- Beta Bots competition at Terrebonne in November 2017. 4th place.
- FIRST Robotic tournament in Montreal in march 2018, where more than 65 teams fought for the access to the championship.
- The Gladiateurs, that are participating to the competition for their first time, won the tournament, which led them at the world championship in Detroit, where they won the Highest Rookie Seed Team Award. This prize is given to the best rookie team of the championship. This tournament brings together more than 450 teams around the world, so around 30 000 people.
- Beta Bots competition at Montreal in November 2018, where they finished 2nd position and won the Innovation prize.
- Beta Bots competition at Quebec in December 2018. They finished in quarter finals and won the prize of The Best Industrial Design.
- Competition from February 27 to march 2 at the Olympic Stadium in Montreal, the team and their robot reached the semi-final, with a fantastic robot and an exceptional team.
- Beta Bots competition at Montreal in November 2019, where they’ve reach the finals and won the Creativity prize.
- Unfortunately, for safety reasons the 2019-2020 season has been interrupted before the Montreal Tournament, to protect students from the COVID-19. Hoping that the competition will start again in fall of 2020.